Halalt First Nation, near Chemainus, retained Chatwin Engineering to undertake the upgrades and improvements for their water supply system. The design services included a feasibility study of various options to improve the system and predesign, detailed design phases were completed. The project went to construction in 2012. The construction work involved a new well, pump house, water treatment facility, new reservoir, water supply and distribution piping to bring the Community’s water supply system up to current Canadian drinking water standards and to meet the fire protection needs for the growing Community.
The project incorporated state of the art techniques for boring under Bonsall Creek and the ICF Railroad.
Brian Chatwin, P.Eng., President of Chatwin Engineering was introduced to Sam Allman regarding the development of 28 acres of property in Nanaimo, most of it waterfront. Sam ended up hiring Brian and Chatwin Engineering to do the engineering on Sam’s 28 acre project. Read more
1614 Morey Road
Toll Free: 866-753-9171
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Chatwin EngineeringNews Release: Cowichan Tribes-Chatwin Engineering Win Sustainability Excellence of the Year Award – 2017January 8, 2019 - 10:24 pm
- Halalt First Nations Water Supply System Improvement ProgramNovember 24, 2016 - 10:57 pm
- Uchucklesaht First Nations Water Supply Improvement ProgramNovember 24, 2016 - 10:55 pm
- Ucluelet First Nations Ittattsoo CommunityNovember 24, 2016 - 10:52 pm
- Huu-ay-aht First Nations Water Supply SystemNovember 24, 2016 - 10:51 pm
- Snaw-naw-as Sanitary Sewer SystemOctober 30, 2015 - 5:09 pm
- Ehattesaht Tribe – Queen’s Cove Ground Water Supply ProgramOctober 30, 2015 - 5:07 pm
- Huu-ay-aht First Nations uses Innovative Technology and a Pipeline Rehabilitation ProjectOctober 21, 2015 - 5:06 pm
- Macoah Marina & Dock FacilityOctober 21, 2015 - 5:05 pm